Bam! Better Google Analytics Reports Just Launched in Raven
Written by Jon Henshaw and published
No more waiting for Raven to update our Google Analytics reports with the data you want most. Based on customer feedback, we reorganized and added more than a dozen new metrics and views to make your reports really sing.
Two key new menus make it much easier to find the data you need:
- Table Content chooser (a.k.a Explorer)
- Primary Dimension chooser
When you combine these new menus with the new metric views and other filters, you can now access virtually all the data you need for client reporting.
Log in to your Raven account now and check out the improvements.
I do recommend that you sign up for a free, 30-minute training class about the new Google Analytics integration in Raven. I’m teaching two — one on Thursday and one on Friday. If you can’t make a live training session, register anyway. We’ll send you a recording.
In the meantime, here are three ideas for Google Analytics reports that you can now create in Raven:
3 Reports You Can Create Now
1. Display and report on Campaigns
One of the most common marketing techniques is to use Campaign Variables with URLs – usually with a URL shortener. They’re a great way to track the effectiveness of sharing links socially or using them in print advertising, associated with goals. Raven now provides quick access to all of your campaigns.
1. Go to Campaigns in the new sidenav.
If you want to display a specific goal, select it from the Conversions header. Alternatively, you can use the new Table Content option and select a Goal Set.
2. Use the Search input field to quickly filter and find the campaign(s) you’re looking for. Alternatively or in addition, you can also use the Primary Dimensions chooser to select a different dimension, like Source, Medium or Keyword.
3. From the Tool Options you can choose Create PDF Report to make a PDF from the current view. This view can also be reported using our reporting software.
2. Display and report on goal completions for Mobile Devices
Now that mobile traffic is starting to overtake desktop traffic – especially from search –many marketers are focused on improving the mobile user experience for their sites. A common marketing goal is keeping users on their site and having them view more than one page. With the new Mobile Device view, marketers can now view and report on that type of goal.
1. Go to Audience > Mobile Devices and select the Goal from the Conversions header.
2. If you want to report goal performance based on the operating system, instead of the actual device, change the Primary Dimension to Operating System.
3. Use the Tool Options or Report Wizard to create a PDF report.
3. Digging Deeper: Display and report on organic metrics from yandex.ru
1. Go to the All Traffic view and change the Primary Dimension to Medium. Then click on organic.
2. Change the Primary Dimension to Source and then filter (search) with yandex. You now have all of the Acquisition, Behavior and Conversion metrics for non-paid traffic from Yandex.
3. Use the Tool Options to create PDF report.
Those were just three out of the seemingly unlimited number of metric views and reports you can now make in Raven.
How will the new Google Analytics reporting make your job easier? Did your feature request make the cut?