GA Event Tracking Code for a User Registration
Does your website require visitors to register for something (like to register in order to comment on your blog or for an upcoming event)? If you don't have a confirmation page after a user successfully signs up, you may not be tracking those goal completions in Google Analytics. In order to do so, you need to set up event tracking. Use the form to build GA Event tracking code for user registrations, then add the code to the link to track the event.
Event Tracking Code Builder for a User Registration
Optional Goal Setup
After you add the event tracking code to your site, you may want to setup a goal in Google Analytics that's related to the event. Follow these instructions to setup the goal.
- Login to Google Analytics and click on Admin in the main navigation.
- Select the Account and Property where you want to create the goal. Under the View list, click on Goals
- Click on the New Goal button, click on the Custom radio button and then click on the Next step button.
- Name the goal and select the Event radio button.
- Populate all of the relevant goal details (in bold):
- Category | that matches |
- Action | that matches |
- Label | that matches |
- Value | that matches |
- Click the Create Goal button. You're done!