GA Event Tracking Code for an RSS Subscription
Ever wish you could easily track how many people have subscribed to your RSS feed without having to log in to a service like FeedPress? You can actually tag your RSS subscription links in Google Analytics to count any click on your subscription button as an event. Then you'll be able to easily measure which blog posts lead to the most subscriptions. Use the form to build GA Event tracking code for an RSS subscription, then add the code to the link to track the event.
Event Tracking Code Builder for an RSS Subscription
Optional Goal Setup
After you add the event tracking code to your site, you may want to setup a goal in Google Analytics that's related to the event. Follow these instructions to setup the goal.
- Login to Google Analytics and click on Admin in the main navigation.
- Select the Account and Property where you want to create the goal. Under the View list, click on Goals
- Click on the New Goal button, click on the Custom radio button and then click on the Next step button.
- Name the goal and select the Event radio button.
- Populate all of the relevant goal details (in bold):
- Category | that matches |
- Action | that matches |
- Label | that matches |
- Value | that matches |
- Click the Create Goal button. You're done!