GA Event Tracking Code for File Downloads
Have a whitepaper or some other file available for download on your site? With event tracking in Google Analytics you can track the number of times a particular file has been downloaded. Use the form to build GA Event tracking code for file downloads, then add the code to the file download link to track the event.
Event Tracking Code Builder for a File Download
Optional Goal Setup
After you add the event tracking code to your site, you may want to setup a goal in Google Analytics that's related to the event. Follow these instructions to setup the goal.
- Login to Google Analytics and click on Admin in the main navigation.
- Select the Account and Property where you want to create the goal. Under the View list, click on Goals
- Click on the New Goal button, click on the Custom radio button and then click on the Next step button.
- Name the goal and select the Event radio button.
- Populate all of the relevant goal details (in bold):
- Category | that matches |
- Action | that matches |
- Label | that matches |
- Value | that matches |
- Click the Create Goal button. You're done!