Keyword research is an absolute must before you begin an SEO campaign. Targeting the wrong keywords may result in meaningless, ineffective search engine rankings. It can also result in lost revenue due to the inability of a potential customer to find you on a search engine.
Five Steps to Effective Keyword Research
- Phase 0 — Demolishing Misconceptions
- Phase 1 — Creating the list and checking it twice
- Phase 2 — Befriending the keyword research tool
- Phase 3 — Finalizing your list
- Phase 4 — Plan your Attack
- Phase 5 — Rinse, Wash Repeat
Additionally, you can you use Raven’s Keyword Analysis Tool to research keywords on competitors’ pages and your own.
The Raven Keyword Analyzer checks a Web page for keywords related to a specific subject