You: a strong writer and educator with
online customer service experience
Us: a group of friendly, hardworking, interesting-in-a-good-way folks who create software that helps online marketers be more productive
Would you like to join our team?
We’re now hiring a Customer Education Specialist to help existing customers use Raven software. A Customer Education Specialist does just that — educate — and so must be able to explain things in a way that helps customers learn and understand, whether that’s in an email, a Help Desk article or a live online training class. This person needs to be a master of the written English language, with impeccable grammar and spelling.
Also essential: strong technical ability, experience or interest in online marketing and a willingness to help, always.
This is a full-time position based at Raven’s headquarters in Nashville, Tennessee. You must live in the Nashville area or be willing to relocate. (No exceptions.)
We’re a motley crew at Raven, and our strengths complement each other. These are some of the qualities we need in the person who joins our customer education team:
- Clear communication skills. When you write, are people satisfied or do they need clarification? Are you able to anticipate a person’s next question and answer it preemptively? When you speak, do you answer questions fully but concisely? Can you write an outline?
- Friendly, helpful and empathetic. Do you put people at ease? Has anyone ever told you that they can “hear your smile over the phone”? (We don’t use phones here, but you get the idea.)
- Discernment. Can you discern what a person really needs or is trying to communicate, even if they can’t quite articulate it? Do you know when you should use an exclamation point or emoticon and when you absolutely should not? Do you know when to escalate a situation?
- Flexibility. Are you capable of educating and helping total strangers using a variety of methods? Could you write a how-to guide? Conduct a live online training seminar? Answer a question from a customer knowing that this could be their first (or last) impression of Raven? Answer an existing customer’s question in a way that builds and maintains a relationship?
- Initiative. Do you step up and help a colleague when you see a need? If you have an idea for a way to improve something, do you speak up? If you don’t know the answer to something, are you comfortable doing your own research?
- Outstanding writing skills and positive attitude required
- 2+ years in online customer service roles required
- Familiarity with online marketing techniques (SEO, social media, content or advertising) required
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Being a Raven customer moves you to the top of the stack
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary based on skills and experience
- Regular performance- and milestone-based raises
- Generous, flexible vacation policy
- Medical and dental benefits
- The latest hardware and software
- Plus a few more things around the office that you’ll have to see in person…