Raven SEO Weekly Digest – Issue 9
Beta Site Pushes AOL Finance to Top Spot
TechCrunch today reported that the new AOL finance site (which was the third largest finance site behind Yahoo! Finance and MSN Money), have now surpassed their competitors to achieve the top spot in terms of unique visitors.
Yahoo! Moves its Metasearch Engine FareChase to Travel Homepage
Yahoo’s acquisition of FareChase in 2004 finally pays off. They signal their intent about competing in the travel price-comparison market by making FareChase the default search engine for pricing flights, hotels, cars, and vacations.
Bebo Opens Up in Bid For More Third Party Apps
Bebo have announced their Bebo Open Application Platform is 100% open. This means that any third party developer can deploy their applications on Bebo. Previously the platform has only been made available to a select group. Interestingly enough, Bebo still supports OpenSocial. How long this will last remains to be seen.
Raven Blog Entry Recap
- Google Creates New SEO Opportunities with Patent Application for Reading Text In Images and Videos
- SEO Daily Reading – Issue 10
- Essential Search Marketing Techniques for Local Search
- SEO Daily Reading – Issue 11
- SEO Daily Reading – Issue 12
- Blog Spam and the Collateral Damage of Howard Owens
- SEO Daily Reading – Issue 13