Raven SEO Weekly Digest – Issue 7
This is the last digest before Christmas and before the Sitening crew takes a few days off and makes merry spends time with our families. In the news this week we had all the big three’s Christmas logos, top geek gifts for 2007, and the FTC approved Google’s acquisition of DoubleClick.
The Search Engine RoundTable has a list of the assorted holiday logos and themes from the Search Engine Industry’s big players. Nice to see they’ve been earning their money. But please, falling snowflakes at Ask.com? So 1990′s.
Top Geek Gifts for 2007
If you’re still looking for last minute gifts (what on earth have you been doing for the past few weeks?), then boagworld.com has 10 excellent gift suggestions for the geek in your life. Customary Wii suggestion included (it’s a UK based site but some superb ideas nonetheless).
FTC Approves Google’s Acquisition of Doubleclick
Danny Sullivan of Search Engine Land, reports that the FTC has granted its approval for Google to purchase DoubleClick. The decision however was not a unanimous one — commissioner Pamela Jones voted against the acquisition. The European Union still needs to mark its approval however and they have until April 2nd to do so.
Raven SEO Recap
- How Will Google’s “Knol” Affect SEO, Yahoo! and Ultimately Google?
- Five SEO Myths
- SEO Daily Reading — Issue 3
- SEO Daily Reading — Issue 4
- 10 Ways to Get Less Search Engine Traffic
- Google Adds “Unicorns Horns” to Their Calculator
- How to Use Proxy Servers for Persona(l) Privacy
- SEO Daily Reading — Issue 5
- Linkbait Ideas to Help Your SEO Campaign
- SEO Daily Reading — Issue 6