Michael Gray presented an excellent top ten list of social media tips during his PubCon Las Vegas 2007 presentation on Social Marketing.
Graywolf’s Top Ten Social Marketing Tips
- Create eye catching titles
- Include eye catching pictures
- Make your content short and easy to read
- Don’t make pages dead-ends
- Don’t be a link grinch — link generously to others
- Be topical — write about time-sensitive or trendy information
- Create content that solves someone’s problem
- Use buttons and widgets to encourage voting, but not too many
- Minimize advertising, because links are more important
- Everyone loves lists!