Liveblog from Bolo 2011: Completing the Puzzle of Real-Time Data
Completing the Puzzle of Real-Time Data-Driven Marketing: Where’s the Missing Piece?
Session description: In putting together a complete marketing campaign, we know that building an attribution model, one which determines optimal allocation and investment of media dollars, is a key practice, especially for players with large datasets. This presentation will address the major challenges that still face data-driven marketing.
Speakers: Michael Kaushansky
How can analytics be used to make the smartest possible marketing decisions? Note: this is a case study of a major car company. Information may not be applicable to all verticals.
What he said
- Marketing effectiveness system: Align investment, track 360 communications, establish a link to business metrics, optimize near real-time. Wash, rinse, repeat.
- Define KPI’s that are most important for *your* space. Don’t just use KPI’s because other marketers are using a particular KPI, develop your own.
- KPI’s can be set up at every stage of the purchase funnel. Awareness, engagement, consideration (leads), purchase.
- What drives unique page views? TV, display ads, search.
- Google searches and TV are the primary drivers of total leads.
- The funnel: TV = awareness. Display and search = engagement. Online leads = consideration.